I was catching on on my favorite blogs last night and Heather's post caught my attention. She posted all of her favorite posts of 2008 by month. She is so smart! So I thought I would do the same.
Here we go....
My daughter's valentines....We had so much fun making these and I am going to have to keep up the tradition. (Sorry the photos are off, when I switched to my new format the photos were way to big.)
I bought this sweet image from Layla of Dollface Design. I have it hanging in my craft room and I just love it.
I was Heather's partner for her junk in the trunk swap and I loved wrapping her present. I wish I would of made one of these bows for myself.
I announced that I was expecting child #3.
I just loved all of these treasures I found, especially the vintage hat. Ahhh...there is nothing better than vintage millinery.
My good friend Amy moved away and my family and I went to visit her. She and I made this inspiration board or her craft room. I had a great time going through her vintage goodies. I was so glad that I was able to put a little piece of me in her craft room.
I bought this vintage jewelry box and stored a few of my favorite pieces in it. I love to be organized and have it look pretty at the same time.
I made this paper doll shadowbox while everyone was gone and the house was quiet. I don't think I need to say anything else....what would I do for one hour alone right now!
Ahhh...I just love how this banner turned out for Lucy. Every time I walk into the nursery, it makes me smile.
These are my favorite collages that I have made all with photos of the same little girl. I think I have two more photos left of her and I need to make a few more. Oh....I should also say another favorite post was when Lucy finally did arrive. I wouldn't be a good mother if I didn't mention that.
I embellished this journal I had laying around the house. I think it is one of my favorite journals.
Well there you have it.....2008. It was fun going through my old posts. I forgot about some things and loved to reminisce about other posts.
I am looking forward to another great year full of surprises. In 2009, I am going to try and work on a few things. I am writing these down so at the end of year I can see how many I actually did accomplish.
1. GET MORE SLEEP! I have a newborn and I am SO SLEEP DEPRIVED.
2. Be more patient....I rush way to much. I need to relax and smell the roses.
3. Understand when to let go. I have a hard time knowing when it is time to move on. Friendships change and when those relationships do change, I need to know how to adapt to those changes.
4. I need to keep up the one night a month out with my husband. That is an important one.
5. I need to eat more healthy and exercise to get rid of that extra 25 lbs. from the pregnancy. My fat pants don't even fit. ugh!
6. Don't interrupt. That is one of my bad habits. I get so excited to say something I can't wait. Not a good habit.
7. Spend more one on one time with each of my children. It is so important now that we have a third child.
8. I need to teach my children more about volunteering or helping others less fortunate. I need to be more of a role model in that dept.
9. Be more focused at work and not thing about my next project I want to work on during meetings.
10. When I am crabby....don't be so short temperated...count to five then respond.
There you have it, my list for 2009. I am optimistic that I can accomplish or work on all of them.